Over 30% of the energy needed to operate buildings is lighting. Lighting has a short payback, so it is also the first aspect to examine when considering energy efficiency upgrades. The reliance on traditional lighting systems, which are not energy efficient, is taking a backseat, with many homeowners and building management teams preferring to use highly efficient LED lighting systems.
LED light fixtures offer pure and bright light with beautiful designs and unique styles that make them the best illumination fixtures for any area. Furthermore, when you choose a LED lighting system from one of the leading smart lighting system manufacturers, LED iBond, you can customize your fixture to create the ideal light for your needs.
According to LED iBond, “Light is a factor that can make or mar a space as it has the ability to exponentially transform a space,” and true to the words of the award-winning LED lighting manufacturer, LED lighting technology is the new hype in smart building, smart cities, homes, offices, healthcare facilities, and vertical farming among others.
Another reason residential, industrial, and commercial facilities use LED light technology is because, besides the primary purpose of lighting, the system also offers a wide range of other applications and benefits that traditional lighting systems are not capable of providing. Intelligent lighting systems are easy to control remotely using mobile devices and any other smart home device. Here is a look at some of the benefits of LED light technology.
Benefits of LED Lighting Systems
1. Longer lifespan
The lifespan of the LED light is far more superior compared to that of an average incandescent bulb, which can only last for close to a thousand hours. An average LED light provides you with an average of about 50,000 hours. The lifespan can go even beyond … Continue reading >>>
A robot is an automated machine that can perform tasks with little or no human assistance at a very high speed and is very proficient.
Evolution of robots
The first robot was made by George Devol in the year 1954 which was called Unimate. It was a commercial, programmable and digital robot which he later sold to General Motors and was used to lift very hot metals from die casting machines. Since then, robots have been constantly evolving leading to creation of different types with better artificial intelligence. Thanks to George Devol for inventing the first robot, we the future generation are having an easy time to get certain tasks done fast and proficiently.
Types of robots
- Industrial robots.
- Medical robots.
- Domestic robots.
- Military robots.
- Autonomous robots.
- Humanoid robots.
- Collaborative robots.
These are robots that are used in industries. Examples are articulated, cartesian, cylindrical.
- Articulated- they have design features and can have two or more rotary joints (axis) and they usually have four to six axes.
- Cartesian/gantry robots/rectilinear robots- they have three linear joints which tend to use the coordinates of the Cartesian plane (x, y, z). They also have a wrist that is attached to allow for rotational movement therefore delivering linear motion along the joint.
- Cylindrical- it has a prismatic joint that connects with one rotary joint at the base which uses a rotating motion along the joint.
These are robots used in medical sciences and are mostly telemanipulates and are mostly surgical robots. The most recently developed medical robots are;
- Xenex Germ-Zapping Robot.
- The CyberKnife Robot.
- The Tug Robot.
These are robots that are used to perform household chores. Examples are floor cleaners, lawn mowers, swimming pool cleaners,
- Floor cleaners- vacuum cleaner is the first to do household chores.
… Continue reading >>>
· Program for the software program you may demand.
Essentially the most critical consideration for designing a small business network is the application the business will use. A lot of organizations use vertical marketplace application that has been developed for and customized to a distinct industry’s wants. For instance: A retail business might require point-of-sale software, or even a doctor’s office may well want health-related practice management software. When you desire to use a certain software program package for your precise industry, you’ll need to have to strategy your hardware and networking to meet the software’s specifications. The price of the systems expected to assist any application package must constantly be regarded when selecting software.
Some vertical market application packages will need a database server and may only operate using certain varieties. If it will function with distinct databse servers, you can want to decide which one particular will match your budget for hardware, software program, and ongoing support and maintenance costs.
· Plan for people today.
You’ll need to know how lots of people want to utilize which software. You will strategy for user licenses, storage needs, network cabling, and also the devices every employee will call for. You can also want to think about your consumer needs. Will they require to access your web-site or wireless network? Computer software licensing could be per server, per user, per device, to get several concurrent users or any combination of those.
· Program for devices.
How several desktops will you have to help now and inside the close to future? Will you assistance sensible phones, tablets or wireless laptops? Will, you will need network printers, scanners, or fax? You can need to consider all of those queries to be able to strategy for network cabling, wireless access points or routers, and … Continue reading >>>
This is described as the implementation of modern technology to curb business challenges. Some ideas are almost similar to the idea of a digital innovation platform. They include digital transformation and digitization. Today, it is crucial for every organization. However, driving digital innovation is a challenging task as changing market conditions means more distractions as it focuses solely on a single target. That makes it vulnerable as competition keeps accumulating.
These are online-based businesses that oversee commercial interactions between two different groups with one being the supplier and the other being the consumer. They are electronic devices used for communication which entails mobile, social email, and desktop.
Here are some digital innovation initiatives;
- Coming up with an advanced technology method in a business setup that already exists
- Coming up with new software and putting it to use
- Upgrading to digital from analog.
Organizations must upgrade to remain relevant and competitive in the global market.
Benefits that are seen by companies that have upgraded include;
- Simplified businesses due to the implementation of these technology solutions
- A significant drop in total spending and revenue boost
- It has advantages in the current market due to its upgrades.
Digital innovations also come with their advantages and disadvantages. Most leaders think that an upgrade would damage what they had already had set up, however understandable the fear of such upgrades can be, failure to do so might be a hindrance to the organization’s growth and its expanding.
Creating a faster path
Most organizations are coming up with fast-track teams that act as incubators within their premises. They fasten discussions and application delivery by providing fast lanes. Several factors should be considered when trying to fasten up end-to-end results, and they include;
Look for the appropriate technology to psyche-up your employees. Look … Continue reading >>>
Have you ever heard about membrane switches? A membrane switch is an electrical switch for turning a circuit on and off. Membrane switches have been around for years now, but it is still a popular technology for various products. In this article we will tell you more about membrane switches and membrane keypads.
Advantages of membrane switches
Membrane switches have a lot of advantages:
- Membrane switches are solid, robust and reliable.
- They offer excellent resistance to weather conditions, so they are very suitable for outdoor use.
- They are dust and watertight.
- They are easy to clean. This makes them very suitable for environments where hygiene is an important aspect, such as a hospital or a laboratory.
- They are very user-friendly and work intuitive.
- Membrane switches are very versatile and future-proof.
- They make an excellent combination with other applications such as touch screens, lighting and keyboards.
Membrane switch applications
Membrane switches and keypads are used in various industries. They are popular for markets such as food, medical, health and industry. Below we have summed up a few specific examples:
- One example where we see membrane switches is on hospital beds. If you click on one of the buttons on the bed, this will result in an action.
- Another example we use every day is the remote control of a television. A classic example of the use of membrane switches!
- Membrane switches are also a popular choice for exercising machines, such as a treadmill or a exercise bike.
- Finally, membrane switches are often the choice of technology for heavy-duty environments. Chemicals? Rain? Not a problem for membrane switches.
Do you want to know more about membrane switches? Quad industries is a membrane keypad manufacturer. On their website you can read more about membrane switches and other user interfaces.… Continue reading >>>