If there is currently a really BIG technological trend in the business world that is undoubtedly the BIG DATA. And not only because this concept refers to the ability to analyze BIG data volumes at GREAT speed and in a GREAT variety of formats, but because Big Data is really already everywhere.
Many experts agree that 2019 will be the year in which Big Data will achieve a considerable technological evolution but we still have a lot to see all that Big Data can do for us, and without a doubt, it will be a change of economic and social context.
Among the main technological trends are:
- The storage systems distributed NoSQL, so important for large data requirements and infrastructures, such as Google, Amazon, and Facebook.
- The allocated for intake, processing and signal analysis and real-time events IoT systems, which analyze the immediacy large amount of data.
- The databases with processing based on GPUs, which accelerate the calculation of mass information and help reduce training times of machine learning models and projects.
- The chatbots, allowing simple answer queries and perform actions automatically and using a natural language. During this year they will finish perfecting both in operation and in design.
Big Data Ecosystem
The need for companies to perform a data analysis will promote technological innovation (IT) within it and at the same time its integration into the Big Data ecosystem. These advances will be mandatory for all companies that do not want to be left behind in the market. Therefore, the Business Intelligence model will begin to be a reality from large multinationals to small startups.
Companies of all sizes will need to develop apps using JD Edwards or other programs to manage the massive amount of information flooding into databases. Business owners and I.T. professionals will all use databases to store and manipulate data so their companies can grow and improve over time.
The Big Data ecosystem offers great capacity for automatic learning that will include the exhaustive calculation, artificial intelligence and graph algorithms.
Another benefit of this ecosystem is that they will unify the analytical technologies. Here is a highlight of the technological trends that will drive Big Data next year:
- Extension of machine learning and advanced analytics to other processes in the company beyond those related to customers and markets. These are the cases of Human Resources departments with the discipline of HR Analytics and the improvements in the production, logistics or procurement and supply chain where their application allows reducing response times from days to hours.
- Obligatory nature of administrations and public bodies for the reuse and making available of citizens and companies of open databases. This allows companies to have additional information about their business strategies. For example, taking into account data on risk zone forecasts, it is possible to create a predictive model that analyzes natural disasters, political conflicts, and other disasters.
- Total link with robotics and “machine automation” adding decision power and assimilation to human behavior. It will also be