– Ethernet describe a class of LAN technologies
– As the technology has evolved with time there are many different kinds of cabling used by the physical media (twisted wire pairs and fiber optics of assorted ratings), and a lot of devices including hubs, routers, bridges and switches are used
– The first networks used coax cabling, and operated at 10 MBit/s
– Fast Ethernet was the initial speed upgrade, offering 100 MBit/s, and now Gigabit systems offering 1 GBit/s and 10 GBit/s have been in widespread usage, and 40 and 100 GBit/s systems have been in development
The ability to build your current connections faster through utilizing MPLS Ethernet technology is its most common feature. It plays a huge role in assisting large corporations run more smoothly inside information age compared to what they have in the past. Overall, the technology is making the net a better area for everyone. One of the ways it accomplishes this tall task is simply by helping computers and servers identify the sorts of information being received.
– Today, there are different choices when you’re buying an Ethernet cable
– Cat 5 continues to be mostly used form of cable, but Cat 6 is now the newest standard in numerous new installations since cat 6 are equipped for the greater speeds of gigabit Ethernet …Continue reading