Have you ever heard about membrane switches? A membrane switch is an electrical switch for turning a circuit on and off. Membrane switches have been around for years now, but it is still a popular technology for various products. In this article we will tell you more about membrane switches and membrane keypads.
Advantages of membrane switches
Membrane switches have a lot of advantages:
- Membrane switches are solid, robust and reliable.
- They offer excellent resistance to weather conditions, so they are very suitable for outdoor use.
- They are dust and watertight.
- They are easy to clean. This makes them very suitable for environments where hygiene is an important aspect, such as a hospital or a laboratory.
- They are very user-friendly and work intuitive.
- Membrane switches are very versatile and future-proof.
- They make an excellent combination with other applications such as touch screens, lighting and keyboards.
Membrane switch applications
Membrane switches and keypads are used in various industries. They are popular for markets such as food, medical, health and industry. Below we have summed up a few specific examples:
- One example where we see membrane switches is on hospital beds. If you click on one of the buttons on the bed, this will result in an action.
- Another example we use every day is the remote control of a television. A classic